Residence Certificate in Sikkim | Domicile Certificate in Sikkim : Residence Certificate is also known by Domicile Certificate. It is issued by State Government in Sikkim. You can Download Application Form for Residence Certificate through the website of Sikkim Government. You can Apply for Residence Certificate (Domicile), Check Status of Your Residence Certificate, Necessary Documents, Procedure and Fee Details through the same website of Sikkim government.
Concerned Department– Land Revenue and Disaster Management
Official Link– www.sikkimlrdm.gov.in
Address– Secretary- cum State Relief Commissioner, New Secretariat, Development Area, Gangtok, Sikkim- 737101.
Concerned Authority– Sub Divisional Magistrate
Domicile Certificate i.e. Certificate of Incorporation (COI) is proof that applicant is resident of Sikkim State.
It is essential to have for various government services like for Permanent Government job opportunity and any land transaction and many other.
To Whom COI is Issued By Government-
- Citizens if Sikkim who fall under any of the category listed below are entitled to get the Certificate
- The son/wife/daughter whose name is recorded in original sikkim subject register.
- Grand-son / brother from same father whose name is recorded in original Sikkim Subject Register
- The one who possess agriculture landed property in rural area of state.
- Whose father/husband is in possession of Indian Citizenship Certificate.
- Who is continually in regular service of government of sikkim since December 31 1969
Mandatory to attach following list of documents with Application Form-
- SSC/ Certificate of Identification of Guardian
- Proof of Age/Birth Certificate/ School Certificate/Age Certificate
- Unmarried certificate (three months validity) in case of unmarried women
- Appointment order/Pension Book (if applying on the basis of regular Govt. Employment)
- Death Certificate of Guardian (in case of death)
- Proof of nationality (In case of married women)
- PP sized photographs of Applicant, Guardian ( 4 Photos)
Bank Receipt– Rs. 100/-
Application Form is available here for Applicants– http://www.sikkimlrdm.gov.in/Downloads/FormsWord/FORM%20FOR%20CERTIFICATE%20OF%20IDENTIFICATION.doc