Marriage Certificate in Meghalaya | Marriage Certificate Registration in Meghalaya: Marriage Certificate is issued by the Marriage Registrar under the State Government in Meghalaya. You can Download Application Form for Marriage Certificate through the website of Meghalaya Government. You can Apply for Marriage Registration, Check Status of Your Marriage Certificate, Necessary Documents, Court Marriage Procedure and Fee Details through the same website of Meghalaya government.
Concerned Department– Registration Branches
Official Link– www.meghalaya.gov.in
Concerned Authority– Sub- Registrar/ Assistant Public Information Officer
Address– Marriage Registrar/ Sub Registrar in District Head Quarter In Meghalaya
Couples whose marriage solemnized by marriage Officer of District Court, will get the Marriage certificate.
Procedure for Marriage Certificate in Meghalaya-
Application shall be made to the authority for issuance of certificate, application form is available at Registration Branch, DC Office. Under Special Act 1954, Duly filled form with following supporting documents should be submitted 30 days before the intended marriage date for the couple. During the time of marriage, three witnesses should be present.
Documents required for registration of marriage-
- Notice of intended marriage duly filled up and signed by both bridegroom and bride.
- Proof of residence (Voter Id Card/ Ration Card)
- Proof of Age (10th class Certificate, Date of birth certificate)
- Marriage Invitation
- Original copy of divorce decree/ order in case of divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
- In case of applicant is national foreigner, No Objection Certificate in original from concerned High Commission to be submitted along with application form. In addition to it, bachelor/spinster certificate, visa and Passport also to be attached.