Marriage Certificate in Maharashtra | Marriage Certificate Registration in Maharashtra: Marriage Certificate is issued by the Marriage Registrar under the State Government in Maharashtra. You can Download Application Form for Marriage Certificate through the website of Maharashtra Government. You can Apply for Marriage Registration, Check Status of Your Marriage Certificate, Necessary Documents, Court Marriage Procedure and Fee Details through the same website of Maharashtra government.
Concerned Department– Registration and Stamp Department
Official Link– www.igrmaharashtra.gov.in
Concerned Authority– District Registrar
Address– Office of the Inspector General of Registration and Controller of Stamps, Ground Floor, Opposite Vidhan Bhavan (Council Hall), New Administrative Building, Pune 411001, Maharashtra, India. Telephone: 8888007777
Laws Under Marriage can be Registered-
- Special Marriage Act 1954
- The Maharashtra Regulation of Marriages Bureaus and Registration of Marriages Act, 1998
- Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872
- Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936
Process for Marriage Certificate in Maharashtra-
(1) Under Special Marriage Act,1954-
Applicant has to apply in the prescribed form along with all the documents-
- Bride and Bridegroom Age Proof
- Bride and Bridegroom Residential Proof
- Photograph of both Bride and Bridegroom
- In case of Divorcees : Divorce Decree Certificate must be produced
- In case of widow and widower : Municipal Death Certificate of concerned person must be produced
All above document along with original +1 attested Xerox copy
Under Section 16 of Special Marriage Act 1954.
- Application to be made in the prescribed form duly signed by Husband & Wife
- Marriage should have taken any place in the India and both should be living together in Marriage Officer Jurisdiction
- Under U/s 16 of Special Marriage, Application should be given in 30 days advance.
- Residential proof of both should be attached with application
(2) The Maharashtra Regulation of Marriages Bureaus and Registration of Marriages Act, 1998-Applicant has to submit the the memorandum of marriage forms ( which are supplied in the office of Marriage officer Mumbai.) affixed with Rs. 100 court fee stamp.
Document to be attached –
- Bride & Bridegroom Age proof: Leaving Certificate OR Passport OR Birth Certificate R Domicile Certificate OR PAN Card
- Bride & Bridegroom Residential Proof : Ration Card OR Passport OR Election Card OR Light Bill and Telephone Bill of own name.
- Three Witness Proof :- Ration Card OR Passport OR Election Card OR Driving License OR Govt. Identity Card.
- Wedding Card
- In case of non availability of Wedding card Rs 100=00 Stamp Paper Affidavit of both husband wife and three witnesses is required
- Rs. 100=00/- Court Fee Stamp
- Photographs of both Bridegroom / Bride
» How to Download Application Form for Marriage Registration
(3) Under Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872- This law is applicable to all Christians in India. According to the Christian Marriage Act, after the marriage is solemnized, the Priest who has solemnized the marriage, sends a certificate as prescribed by law to the “Registrar General of Marriages and Inspector General of Registration and Controller of Stamps, Maharashtra State, Pune”. On receiving the said certificate, it is maintained in the register. If any party applies for a copy of marriage certificate, authority issues the marriage registration certificate by charging a prescribed fee of Rs. 5/-.
(4) Under Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act,1936– This law is applicable to all over India except State of Jammu and Kashmir. Under the provisions of the Act, for solemnization of marriage it is mandatory that the bridegroom must have completed 21 years of age while the bride must have completed 18 years of age. The law prohibits second marriage in case the former spouse is alive. The solemnization of a marriage requires the presence of a priest and two witnesses. According to provisions of this Act, the priest prepares a certificate of solemnization of marriage in prescribed form and after the signatures of the bridegroom, bride, witnesses and his own(signature) submits the certificate to the marriage registrar in whose jurisdiction the marriage has been solemnized, to note the marriage in the register.
Time Period for Marriage Certificate in Maharashtra-
- Marriage Registration- 15 Days
- Duplicate Certificate- 3 Days
Fees for Marriage Certificate in Maharashtra-
- Up to 3 Months- Rs. 50/-
- After 3 Months to 1 Year- Rs. 50+ Fine/ Penalty- Rs. 100/-
- After 1 Year Fees Rs. 50 + Fine/ Penalty- Rs. 200/-