Lost Birth Certificate – Apply for Duplicate Copy Online: Birth Certificate is an important document for the Identity proof and nationality of child. It can be obtained from the concerned Municipality office. It the duty of person-in-charge to inform the Registrar about the birth taken place.
Registration of birth should be made within 21 days of birth. No fee will be charged, if registration is made within 21 days, after that a nominal fee will be charged. On registration, Birth Certificate is issued. In case, applicant has lost, torn, misplaced the certificate then he can obtain duplicate certificate from the Registrar of Birth and Death.
To get duplicate certificate, visit to the Municipality/ Municipal Council or Corporation of the area where name of the child is registered and make application to request the authority for issuance of duplicate copy. Reason of obtaining duplicate copy should be mention in application.
Procedure to apply for Duplicate Certificate is as-
- Step 1- Firstly, visit to the concerned Municipality/ Municipal Council or Corporation.
- Step 2- Obtain the Application form for Duplicate copy of Birth Certificate.
- Step 3- Fill the application form in prescribed format. Applicant has to enter all birth related details such as First and Last name of applicant, date of birth, time of birth and place of birth.
- Step 4- For Duplicate Certificate, applicant have to pay nominal amount of fee. Such amount of fee is prescribed by State Government and can be differ form one state to another.
- Step 5- After processing of application, certificate will be delivered to him either by post or he has to collect the same from the concerned office.
In some states, applicant can obtain duplicate copy of certificate by payment of nominal fee only. He need not to follow such application procedure.
Such Copy of Certificate will be valid like original certificate. Tentative time period for issuance of Birth Certificate is 10 to 15 days.
Apply for Duplicate Birth Certificate Online
You can also Apply for Duplicate Copy of Birth Certificate through the official website of concerned authority. However the facility has been provided by a few states in India. You can check your state’s website for more information.