Document Required For Marriage Registration/ Marriage Certificate – Marriage Certificate is issued by the Marriage Registrar of District in every state of India. You can apply for Marriage Certificate online through the concerned official website of Marriage Registrar. Whether you are applying for Marriage Certificate online or offline, you have to submit some necessary documents with your application form. Different documents are necessary for every different situation i.e. Newly Married Couple, Court Marriage or Arrange Marriage. According to the Marriage type, Wedding Card, Couple photos or Other documents may be required.
Documents Required for Marriage Certificate-
- Application form with the signature of Bridegroom and Bride and a copy of Marriage Card.
- 2 passport size photos and 6 joint photos of bride and the bridegroom
- Age proof (Mark-sheet of 10th standard/ Birth certificate)
- Identity proof (Voter Card/ PAN Card/ Passport)
- Address Proof (Voter Card/ Passport/ Rashan Card)
- Adhaar Card
- Affidavit in case of name change of bride and also the Newspaper in which Bride’s Name changed Information was published.
The documents which are required at the time of marriage registration may be submitted in the office of Marriage Registrar. You can also submit your documents online if you are filling online Marriage Registration form.
After submitting the necessary documents to Marriage Registrar, your Marriage Certificate will be supplied to you within the prescribed time period.
Important Related Link-