Get Marriage Certificate in Bihar | Apply Online | Check Status | Download Application Form

By | November 18, 2016

Marriage Certificate in Bihar |  Marriage Certificate Registration in Bihar: Marriage Certificate is issued by the Marriage Registrar under the State Government in Bihar. You can Download Application Form for Marriage Certificate through the website of Bihar Government. You can  Apply for Marriage Registration, Check Status of Your Marriage Certificate, Necessary Documents, Court Marriage Procedure and Fee Details through the same website of Bihar government.

Concerned Department– Registration, Excise & Prohibition Department
Concerned Authority– Sub Registrar
Address– Vikas Bhawan, Bailey Road, Patna-800001

» Apply Online for Marriage Registration Certificate

In Bihar, marriages can be registered Under Special Marriage Act 1954. Conditions specified in the law should be fulfilled.

Notice of Intended Marriage-

To solemnize the marriage under this act, notice in writing shall be given to the competent authority before the thirty days of the marriage. Notice shall be made to the marriage officer of the district where any of the party is residing for at least 30 days before the date of notice made.
On the receipt of application form in Form 5 from the both parties. Marriage Officer will give the notice of date and time for the inquiry to the parties. On the date so fixed for inquiry, marriage officer will record the evidence received in relation to objections and if he satisfied that the objection is baseless, he shall register the marriage otherwise he can refused to register the marriage.

On being satisfied and completion of formalities, marriage officer can issue the marriage certificate to the parties.

» Check Status of Your Marriage Certificate

» How to Download Application Form for Marriage Registration


  • Notice of intended marriage or application of  registration of marriage- Rs. 100/-
  • For recording an objection (To be paid by objector)- Rs. 100/-
  • For every inquiry into an objection (To be paid by objector)- Rs. 200/-
  • For making search- For entry of current year- Rs. 50/- and search related to previous years- Rs. 100/-
  • For solemnization or registration of marriage- Rs. 200/-

Format of Notice and Application Form can be obtained by visiting the link

» Fee Details for Marriage Certificate

» Documents List for Marriage Registration

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *