Change Name in Birth Certificate Online: Birth Certificate is an document that contains the information related to birth of child, given at the time of registration of birth by relative of child. It is essential to register every birth under Birth and Death Registration Act, 1969. Registration of Birth should be done within 21 days of birth of child. This service is provided without charging any fee. So, every parent or relative of parents can collect it from the Municipality after registration of birth.
Birth Certificate contains the personal details such as Name of child and parents. In case, there is an error in the name of child or name of father or name of mother then correction in the name specified in Birth Certificate can be made.
Errors such as wrong name, name is not correctly spelled, printing mistake changes in surname can be corrected. For such correction, applicant has to approach the Municipality/ Municipal Council/ Corporation where name of child is registered and make application on plain paper there. With the application, essential documents such as Affidavit mentioning correct name is to be submitted for rectification of name.
Correction in name in Birth Certificate can be made online. For this, desired person need to Visit to the State Government website or concerned department’s portal and obtain application form. With application form, documents proving the correction.
For correction in Birth Certificate, applicant has to enter personal details such as Name, Address, Date of Birth, Place of Birth , Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Address etc. and Service details such as Mode of Delivery, Correction details that is to be done, Registration Details such as Registration Office, Registration Number, Date of Registration etc.
- Application Form
- Copy of Birth Certificate (self attested)
- Copy of School certificate of child/Father/Mother in case of correction in their name (self attested)
- Witnesses of two credible persons like Sarpanch/ Panch /Municipal Councilor (MC) / Member of the Legislative Assembly(MLA) / Member of Parliament ( MP) or Gazetted Officer under state rule
- Copy of Report of hospital / Nursing home in case of institutional delivery(self attested).
- Voter Card for proof of residence and relationship / Copy of Bank Passbook / Copy of Passport/ Copy of Driving License / Aadhar Card (self attested)