Birth Certificate Online in West Bengal: Get Birth Certificate in West Bengal, Apply Online– Birth Certificate is issued by the State Government in West Bengal. You can Download Application Form for Birth Certificate through the website of West Bengal. government or Registrar of Birth & Death.
Birth Certificate Issuing Authority In West Bengal
State Institute of Health and Family Welfare or
Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Address- KMC Main Office, Health Department at 5, S.N. Banerjee Road,
Kolkata – 700 013
Ph : +91 33 2286-1000 (28 Lines)
Download list of Birth Registration certificate-
How To Apply For Birth Certificate in West Bengal
Registration for Birth Certificate will be done in Form 2.
(A) For Birth events occurring in Private Hospitals / Nurshing Homes in Kolkata-
1) Birth certificates can be obtained from the concerned office of the thorough Ex. Health Officer usually after 6 weeks from the date of birth, subject to the condition that all birth events are reported in prescribed registration format by the private hospitals / nursing homes within 21 days from the date of occurrence to concerned borough Ex. Health Officer as a mandatory requirement.
2) Name of child can be inserted at the time of taking birth certificates by the parents or a relative authorised by the parents in writing.
(B) For birth occurring in Govt. Hospitals in Kolkata-
1) Birth certificates can be obtained from the concerned Borough Health office up to a period of 1 (one) year from the date of birth on production of medical certificate of birth issued by the hospital.
2) Name of child can be inserted at the time of taking birth certificate by the parents or a relative authorised by the parents in writing.
(C) For Domiciliary birth events-
1) Domiciliary events of birth shall be reported by the Head of family to the concerned Ward Health Unit for registration within a month but not later than1 year along with production of medical certificate of birth issued by a Medical Practitionar / Midwife / Traditional Birth Attendant. Birth certificate can be obtained on the spot from the Ward Health Unit.
2) Birth certificates in respect of domiciliary events not reported within one Year can be obtained on delayed registration on the basis of orders of First Class Magistrate of KMC area from the concerned borough Ex. Health Officer [up to 20 years] and KMC Main Office [beyond 20 years]
Official Link Of West Bengal
- New Born Baby Birth Certificate
- Application Form- Download
- Change Name In Birth Certificate
- Birth Certificate Download- Online
- Check Birth of Certificate Status
Fee For Birth Certificate in West Bengal
- For first copy of Birth Certificate within a period of one Year from the date of birth- Free of cost
- Additional copies of birth certificates – Rs. 100/- each copy
- For first 2 copies of Death certificates issued from Crematorium or Burial
Ground- Free of cost
- Additional copies of Death certificates – Rs. 100/- each copy
- Non-Availability Certificate -Rs. 500/-